Micro Focus has announced the general availability of its new, modular, cloud-based solution that integrates with the existing toolchains of a company for improved productivity and automation.
The company says this end-to-end solution enables software development organisations to make effective decisions and improvements that balance value, quality, and risk from strategy to delivery.
Micro Focus is one of the world's largest enterprise software providers. The company says it delivers mission-critical technology and support to services in security, IT operations, application delivery, governance, modernisation, and analytics that help customers worldwide manage core IT elements of their business.
“The Micro Focus ValueEdge Platform enables organisations to design and drive the creation of value through the critical phases of a software product lifecycle,” ADM senior vice president and general manager Rohit De Souza says.
“We see value stream management as transformational to how companies assess, plan, and manage how applications are created and delivered to achieve better business results.
The platform's AI-powered analytics delivers practical insights based on deep learning and predictions, including trends and anomaly detection, through a customisable user interface.
Additionally, the platform's smart-policy-based pipeline tracking and management capabilities allow for autonomous delivery from concept to release.
Micro Focus adds that because ValueEdge can manage key continuous quality and functional testing activities, the solution minimises waste and risk while maximising return on investment (ROI) for faster application delivery, greater customer satisfaction, and increased competitive advantage.
“In the competitive environment of Formula E, we at Jaguar TCS Racing are always working to establish a competitive edge,” Jaguar TCS Racing team principal James Barclay says.
“Driven by the success we have achieved through the partnership with Micro Focus and the implementation of their data analytics toolsets, we are excited to explore the next generation ValueEdge Platform and further understand its application to the fast-paced software development race of Formula E.
ValueEdge contains more than 100 pre-built commercial and open source integrations. Micro Focus says this means users can easily integrate their existing and future toolchains using ValueEdge's REST-based APIs and software development kit (SDK) while affording a greater understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
Key features of the Micro Focus ValueEdge Platform include:
- End-to-end value stream management: The fully integrated platform powers an organisation's entire product delivery process, from strategy to delivery, enabling organisations to optimise value delivery, maximise efficiency, bolster quality, and minimise risk.
- Cloud-based architecture: ValueEdge's cost-effective, flexible, secure design enables rapid deployment and seamless scalability to address the needs of the most demanding software teams.
- Intelligent, advanced analytics: The innovative solution delivers real-time, actionable insight via a customisable, intuitive interface so users can predict and take action to optimise application delivery.
- Continuous quality: Deliver enterprise-class levels of software quality with ValueEdge's state-of-the-art end-to-end traceability and automated workflow processes.
- Functional testing: The platform features extensive next-generation testing capabilities, including model-based testing, access to physical mobile devices and emulators, and test run optimisation.
- Ease of integration: Over 100 purpose-built application integrations enable ease of use with an organisation's existing open source or commercial software development toolchains.
- AI-powered automation: Effortlessly automate repetitive yet essential software delivery processes to maximise velocity and value delivery.
The initial launch of the Micro Focus ValueEdge Platform will include modules for ValueEdge Insights, ValueEdge Agile, ValueEdge Quality, and ValueEdge Release, with four additional cloud-based service modules planned for phased release later in 2022.