QCT & AMD partner on processor-based systems for more responsive data centers
FYI, this story is more than a year old
Data center solution provider QCT showcased the availability of AMD processor-based systems at AMD’s European customer event last week.
The AMD EPYC 7002 Series processor-based systems are designed to make data centers more responsive to workload demands, both today and in the future.
The second-generation AMD solutions feature twice as many cores as their predecessors. Built on 7 nm process technology, QCT says it has already seen over performance improvement on CPU and memory processing over its products using the 1st Gen EPYC.
“QCT is always looking to help our customers adapt quickly to changing workload needs,” says QCT president Mike Yang.
“Therefore, together with AMD, we are delivering innovations combining all the advantages of AMD EPYC processors with our comprehensive, consistent designs to allow our customers to transform their infrastructure with the right resources to drive performance and reduce bottlenecks.”
QCT’s products feature serviceability options such as tool-less, modularized, and hot swappable components that are straightforward and practically leave no downtime as technicians don’t need to remove a whole chassis from the rack.
AMD’s data center solutions group corporate vice president and general manager Scott Aylor says AMD’s innovations are designed to provide breakthrough performance for customers.
“Driven by AMD’s history of data center innovation, including adopting 7nm process technology, the first x86 server chip supplier to support PCIe 4.0, and embedded security features, the AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processors set a new standard for the modern data center,” says Aylor.
QCT Servers featuring the AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processors include:
• QuantaGrid D43K-1U – designed to unleash the power with dual AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processors. Featuring up to 4TB memory capacity, 5 expansion slots, and single width GPU support within a 1U chassis.
• QuantaGrid D43KQ-2U – powered by dual AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processors supporting up to 10 PCIe 4.0 expansion slots and capabilities. It features two dual-width GPU accelerators with optimized thermal conditions, 24 U.2 NVMe drives, and tool-less/hot swappable serviceability components found in all QCT rackmount servers.
• QuantaGrid S43KL-1U – is a single socket AMD EPYC 7002 Series Processor compute server, featuring up to 2TB memory capacity, up to 12 NVMe SSDs and 5 expansion slots to challenge the tradition dual socket data center systems. It also supports single width GPU and PCIe 4.0.
• QuantaGrid D42A-2U – is a single socket AMD EPYC processor storage server designed for intense storage I/O, perfect for SDS, CDN, and a variety of database workloads. Support for up to 24 U.2 NVMe SSDs and multiple high speed NICs also make this the perfect NVMeoF target.
• QuantaPlex S43CA-2U – is a multi-node single socket server that supports the AMD EPYC™ 7002 Series Processors. Each of the 4 nodes in this compact 2U chassis is capable of supporting the top bin 2nd Gen AMD EPYC Processors, boasting a dominant 64-cores along with 16 DIMM slots that can meet the most intense computing environment needs.