Pure Storage named Leader in Gartner MQ for Primary Storage Arrays
The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage Arrays has named Pure Storage as one of the leaders in the quadrant, marking the seventh year that Pure Storage has appeared in the Leaders Quadrant across various Magic Quadrant reports.
“This Magic Quadrant validates Pure’s strategy to enable code-based, real-time access to resilient hybrid cloud data storage for IT, and Developers and DevOps alike,” comments Pure Storage chairman and CEO Charles Giancarlo.
“This is an honour achieved by our great team, loyal customers, and partners.”
This year Pure Storage has focused on delivering new solutions such as the third-generation all-NVMe FlashArray//X, providing Mission-Critical SAP Workloads on FlashArray, delivering a unified block-and-file solution with Purity 6.0 software, and bringing to market the capacity-optimized all-QLC FlashArray//C, which renders legacy hybrid disk obsolete.
Recently the company expanded its Pure as-a-Service, offerings, which provides more flexible consumption models for Pure Storage services.
“Pure as-a-Service has achieved market maturity, having been available for more than two years as the first Storage as-a-Service offering from a major vendor,” says Pure Storage Pure-as-a-Service general manager Rob Walters.
“With the new service catalog and expanded offerings, we are once again leading the market in delivering the flexibility and transparency that customers are looking for in subscription services to accelerate their initiatives.”
Expansions include a new service catalog, block service, capacity, performance, premium, and ultra tiers, as well as unified Fast File and Object Service, and Full Stack-as-a-Service.
- Block Service enable customers to choose the right storage for their applications
- Capacity Tier provides lower commitments, decreasing the barrier to entry and enabling customers to scale over time. Customers can now utilise block capacity with a minimum of 200 TiB, decreasing the minimum entry point by one third. Other tiers retain their minimum commitment of 50 TiB.
- Performance Tier to accelerate hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- Premium Tier to support specialized tier 1 workloads, such as containers and test/dev applications.
- UItra Tier designed for in-memory databases.
- Unified Fast File and Object Service allows customers to select from Premium and Ultra Performance tiers to support not only traditional file and cloud object workloads, but also a wide variety of AI and Machine Learning, high performance compute, and software development needs.
- Full Stack as-a-Service: Enables flexible consumption-based payments for storage, compute, and networking through select Pure and Cisco partners. Built on Pure and Cisco’s FlashStack, partners can deliver multiple versions of flexible consumption for the Full Stack while benefiting from Cisco Validated Designs.