DXC Technology & Google Cloud drive innovation for enterprises
Enterprises now have a new way of modernising mission-critical IT and integrating digital solutions on Google Cloud Platform, thanks to DXC Technology.
Google Cloud and DXC Technology have partnered together to combine forces and work on joint solutions for industries such as insurance, oil and gas exploration, automotive, consumer products, retail, and banking and capital markets.
As part of the arrangement, DXC will launch a Google Cloud Platform Center of Excellence (COE), as well as a Google Cloud Artificial Intelligence COE to provide clients with secure, scalable and agile cloud-based digital platforms that leverage advanced data analytics capabilities.
Additionally, Google Cloud now joins the DXC Partner Network as a strategic partner, alongside companies such as AWS, Dell EMC, HP, HPE, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, VMware, and many others.
DXC executive vice president and general manager of offerings, Edward Ho, says the partnership will benefit clients who want to take their digital transformation to the next level.
“Google Cloud’s leading infrastructure, products and solutions — together with DXC’s deep industry expertise and leadership in AI and machine learning — will define new pathways for enterprises to access, manage and leverage data-intensive workloads on a global scale,” Ho comments.
“The resulting insights will enable clients to provide more personalised, tailored digital solutions — while capitalising on the capability, value and benefits of an open, collaborative and secure cloud.”
DXC and Google Cloud will co-invest and collaborate on solution development, training, certification and marketing campaigns to sell and deliver Google Cloud Platform services.
DXC’s digital offerings in workplace and mobility, cloud and platform services, analytics, business process services, and security will combine with products from Google Cloud Platform to create compelling new enterprise solutions.
DXC says it will also leverage its expertise in Google Cloud across its Digital Transformation and Innovation Centers, as well as its analytics labs.
“We are excited to work with DXC to help organisations modernise their IT systems and to accelerate the adoption of Google Cloud solutions within DXC’s extensive customer base,” says Google Cloud vice president of worldwide channel sales, Carolee Gearhart.
“This partnership combines DXC’s trusted experience in IT management and modernisation services with Google Cloud’s leading infrastructure and cloud capabilities, creating new pathways to the cloud for thousands of enterprise customers.”
According to DXC and Google Cloud, the partnership will deliver capabilities at scale such as:
• Application transformation and migration to Google Cloud Platform, such as the enablement of robust e-commerce engines.
• Managed infrastructure and platform services, and resale of Google Cloud Platform, for clients that move to the platform.
• Deep insights into clients’ workplace services environments, through Google Cloud machine learning and AI services, to enhance the workforce experience and provide a digital support foundation using predictive and proactive analytics for mobile device management.
• The ability to leverage massive datasets for “mashups” that provide business insights and/or drive fine-tuned customer-targeting strategies from AI.
• Expanded options for the delivery of managed SAP solutions worldwide on Google Cloud Platform for clients who run SAP.
• Professionals, trained by Google, to implement and support Android applications.