Cambium Networks extends Bridge-in-a-Box wireless solution portfolio
Cambium Networks has built on its Bridge-in-a-Box portfolio with the addition of two new products: The UHD and UHDPro.
Bridge-in-a-Box is designed for businesses and residential customers who wish to extend their wireless networks through a simple point connection system.
Customers often use it to extend internet connectivity, create remote wi-fi hotspots, or to set up remote camera/CCTV feeds. Common setups include construction sites, agribusiness, garages, remote buildings, sports fields and events, as well as any situation in which buildings need to be linked to each other.
The Bridge-in-a-Box UHD, designed for consumers and professional use, can deliver up to 600Mbps over a five-kilometre range. It includes 128-bit AES encryption, WEP, and password-protected HTTPS.
The Bridge-in-a-Box UHDPro, designed for professional and industrial use, can deliver 600Mbps over a 16-kilometre range and features an IP67 waterproof rating which means the device can withstand up to one metre of water for 30 minutes. It includes 128-bit AES encryption, WEP, and password-protected HTTPS.
These new solutions sit alongside the original Bridge-in-a-Box, which offers up to 200Mbps across an eight-kilometre range. It includes 128-bit AES encryption, WEP, and password-protected HTTPS.
Each Bridge-in-a-Box comes with two wireless radio modules and power supplies that can extend a network from an ethernet port to almost any location within the distance range.
Cambium Networks says the modules are easy to deploy as they come pre-configured and pre-paired to connect. “Just mount them, power them, and point them at each other for an automatic connection.
Full specs are below.
- Wireless Standard: ePTP proprietary protocol. Supports longer ranges, lower latency, and greater performance. Optional Standard wi-fi mode of operation available.
- Wired Interface: Gigabit / Fast Ethernet
- Functions: Traffic prioritisation using ePMP QoS (Quality of Service), WEP security.
- Frequency Range: 4910 – 5970 MHz
- Channel Spacing: Configurable on 5 MHz increments
- Frequency Range: 5 GHz: 4910 – 5970 MHz (exact frequencies as allowed by local regulations)
- Channel Width: 5 | 10 | 20 | 40 MHz
- ARQ: Yes
- Nominal Receive Sensitivity (w/FEC) @20MHz Channel: MCS0 = -93 dBm to MCS15 = -72 dBm (per branch)
- Nominal Receive Sensitivity (w/FEC) @40MHz Channel: MCS0 = -90 dBm to MCS15 = -69 dBm (per branch)
- Quality of Service: Three level priority (Voice, High, Low) with packet classification by DSCP, COS, VLAN ID, IP - MAC Address, Broadcast, Multicast and Station Priority
- Weight: 0.50 kg (includes mounting bracket)
- Dimensions (h x w x d): 12.4 x 25.1 x 11.9 cm – with mounting bracket attached
- Wind Survival: 145 km/hour with antenna.