Red Hat and Nutanix announce strategic partnership for cloud-native applications
Red Hat and Nutanix have announced a strategic partnership to build, scale and manage cloud-native applications on-premises and in hybrid clouds.
The collaboration will bring together the two technologies, enabling installation, interoperability and management of Red Hat OpenShift and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, with Nutanix Cloud Platform, including Nutanix AOS and AHV.
“The partnership brings together Red Hat's industry-leading cloud-native solutions with the simplicity, flexibility and resilience of the Nutanix Cloud Platform,” says Nutanix president and CEO, Rajiv Ramaswam.
“Together, our solutions provide customers with a full-stack platform to build, scale and manage containerised and virtualised cloud-native applications in a hybrid multi-cloud environment.”
Red Hat president and CEO Paul Cormier says they aim to enable open hybrid clouds where customers have choice and flexibility.
“Our partnership with Nutanix brings a leading hyper-converged offering to the open hybrid cloud,” he says.
“This will drive greater choice for our joint customers in how they deploy their containerised workloads, backed by a joint support experience.”
According to IDC research VP, Eric Sheppard, organisations worldwide are deploying an increasingly diverse mix of modern and cloud-native workloads.
Sheppard says the Red Hat and Nutanix partnership, particularly the collaborative support agreement between the two companies, will help bring virtualised applications and Red Hat OpenShift-based containerised workloads running on Nutanix's cloud platform together.
“They will be brought together in a way that benefits exactly these types of organisations and helps to drive increased simplicity, agility and scalability within today's complex hybrid-cloud world,” he says.
Nutanix says because of its distributed architecture, Nutanix Cloud Platform delivers a scalable IT environment well-suited for enterprise deployments of Red Hat OpenShift. The platform also includes fully integrated unified storage, addressing challenges operators routinely face in configuring and managing storage for stateful containers.
“We're thrilled to see two of our technology partners announce this strategic relationship,” says Kohl's Technology senior VP, Ritch Houdek.
“As we manage the complexities of hybrid cloud, we believe this relationship will unlock new hosting and deployment options for VM and container-based workloads. These new options will support our goals of being fast, efficient and friction-free as we deliver new experiences to our customers.
Some key elements of the partnership include:
- OpenShift as the preferred choice for enterprise full stack Kubernetes on the Nutanix Cloud Platform: Customers looking to run Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift on hyper-converged infrastructure will be able to use Nutanix's cloud platform, which includes both Nutanix AOS and AHV.
- Nutanix is now a preferred choice for HCI for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift: Allowing customers to deploy virtualised and containerised workloads on hyper-converged infrastructure, building on the combined benefits of Red Hat's open hybrid cloud technologies and Nutanix's hyper-converged offerings.
- Nutanix AHV is now a Red Hat certified hypervisor: Certification of the Nutanix built-in hypervisor, AHV, for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift, offers enterprise customers a simplified full-stack solution for containerised and virtualised cloud-native applications.
- Joint engineering roadmap providing interoperability: Red Hat and Nutanix will focus on delivering continuous testing of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat OpenShift with Nutanix AHV to provide interoperability. The companies will also collaborate to deliver more timely support by aligning product road maps.
- More seamless support experience: Customers will be able to contact either company with support issues.