Nlyte completely redesigns DCIM solution
Nlyte Software has released the latest version of its data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software - complete with new mobile, interoperability and personalization capabilities.
Nlyte 9.0 is everything the previous version was not following a complete redesign from the ground-up and with a refreshed focus on streamlining the user experience for more efficient operational processes in data centers and colocation facilities.
More robust support for REST APIs has been added across the entire solution, improving interoperability.
“We continually learn from our customers, who are among the leading infrastructure operators, and incorporate their feedback for the benefit of our entire customer base,” says Nlyte’s CEO and president, Doug Sabella.
“Using their feedback, Nlyte has created the perfect balance between the advanced DCIM capabilities and a new streamlined user interface.”
“This new user experience was optimized to simplify data displays while reducing the number of clicks to perform common operational activities - and laying the foundation for upcoming capabilities around big data and machine learning.”
Nlyte 9.0 includes complete support for REST APIs which enable developers to perform requests and receive responses via HTTP protocol, such as GET and POST, customizing the way Nlyte 9.0 extracts information from homegrown management systems, Building Management Systems (BMS), IT Service Management (ITSM) systems or other financial applications.
This improves the capabilities to track equipment from the moment it arrives on the dock to when it is scheduled to be decommissioned -- a.k.a “dock to decomm.”
“Nlyte 9.0 not only further increases the scalability of the Nlyte DCIM solution, but it also now allows our customers to operate on any browsers or mobile devices that support HTML 5,” adds Robert Neave, CTO and co-founder, Nlyte.
“Users will benefit from the streamlined, personalized capabilities of the solution while organizations will be able to more easily integrate other applications into the rich data maintained within the Nlyte system.”
Some of the features of Nlyte 9.0 include:
- Improved user interface - newly designed, engaging and informative screens.
- Streamlined user experience - new HTML 5 design allows for one-click actions and auto-save.
- Support for any browsers and mobile devices - offers support for HTML 5.
- Tile-based user interface - enables users to personalize layouts and determine specific information they wish to work with.
- Multi-level historical bread crumb navigation - allows for easy views of recently visited pages with deep recall navigation displaying user’s last data changes in an overlay page that can be saved, moving away from current page views.
- Pervasive contextual search across the solution - easily locating relevant data in any given screen or process.
- Hundreds of new interface improvements and wizards - designed to streamline and save time for Nlyte users.