The bane of almost all enterprise storage administrators is managing technology refreshes. Purchasers of enterprise storage have historically dealt with an upgrade cycle that was expensive, disruptive, inherently risky, time-consuming and occurred roughly every three to five years.
In 2015 Pure Storage introduced a complete technology refresh model that challenged all customer preconceptions about the enterprise storage upgrade cycle – known as Evergreen Storage.
The announcement drove tremendous change in the enterprise storage industry by addressing the major pain points of legacy models and providing overall a much more efficient and cost-effective life-cycle management approach.
The International Data Corporation (IDC) put together a whitepaper that assesses the impact that Evergreen Storage has had on the enterprise storage industry and discusses the technical, financial, and business implications of the program from a customer point of view.
What you'll find in the report
- IDC's neutral opinion of what Evergreen Storage is and the massive benefits it can bring
- Common pain points shared by data center operators and how Evergreen Storage can rectify them
- The huge impact that Evergreen Storage has had on the enterprise storage industry
- How Evergreen Storage was initially dismissed by competitors, but now has components incorporated to some degree in all of their product portfolios
- How the industry will evolve in the future and the influence that Evergreen Storage will have
To access the full research yourself, complete your email address below.