Cloudian launches cloud storage monitoring tool
Cloudian has today announced a new solution aimed at managing the company’s storage infrastructure across on-premise and hybrid cloud environments.
The solution, called HyperIQ, also features storage and user analytics and enables managers to conduct health checks and optimise resources – from a single interface.
The cloud management solution allows for increased availability and acceleration of new deployments, in turn enabling easy adaptation to workload demands.
This solution leverages modern storage assets which can be deployed wherever they are needed, according to Cloudian – in contrast to traditional siloed systems which are constrained by geographically distant data centers.
Cloudian’s new solution also ensures all devices share a single management environment, whereby customers can access a unified view of their entire Cloudian storage infrastructure, encompassing interconnected users, applications, network connections and storage devices.
Further HyperIQ features include:
- Intelligent monitoring—Complete observability with real-time interactive dashboards and historical data that include the ability to slice and dice resource utilization by data center, node, services and more.
- Customisable dashboards—In addition to pre-configured dashboards, the solution offers flexibility to build one’s own dashboards from over 100 available data panels and drill into user or storage data at a more granular level.
- Predictive maintenance—Proactive alerts for predicting hardware failures, assessing maintenance needs, and avoiding performance impacts.
- User behaviour analytics—Monitor user activities, provide insights into usage patterns such as uploads/downloads, API usage, S3 transactions, request sizes and HTTP response codes and enforce security and compliance policies.
- Anomaly detection—Identification of trends and faults so that rectifying action can be taken, such as creating support cases, triggering repairs or making other corrective actions to ensure optimal operations.
- Custom notifications—Custom alerts for more proactive monitoring of applications and flexibility to integrate with multiple notification channels such as Slack, OpsGenie, Kafka and PagerDuty.
- Customer health checks—Personalised monthly health checks with actionable plans based on trends and analysis from the customer’s Cloudian infrastructure as well as analytics from global learning across Cloudian’s install base.
The HyperIQ solution currently supports HyperStore, with support for HyperFile, Cloudian’s file gateway to HyperStore, to be released in an update later this year.
According to Blocks and Files, Cloudian’s ultimate goal is to make HyperIQ an AIOPs self-driving management tool.
Cloudian has made available two separate versions of HyperIQ: HyperIQ Basic includes preconfigured dashboards and is offered to customers at no charge.
HyperIQ Enterprise includes the analytics features, and is licensed by capacity at 0.025 cents per GB per month, including support.