Best of the best: Award winners of 10th Datacloud Europe announced
FYI, this story is more than a year old
BroadGroup recently announced the winners of this year’s Datacloud Awards, highlighting innovation, inspiration and excellence in data centre and cloud.
Held in the heart of Monte Carlo in the Monaco Sporting Club and attended by more than 600 executives from the data centre and cloud industry, the gala dinner and ceremony was hosted by esteemed comedienne, Katherine Ryan.
Chairman of the Judges Panel, Gerd J. Simon says the event was a great success.
“The Datacloud Awards celebrate some of the best companies, individuals and technologies in this increasingly challenging and competitive industry,” says Simon.
“All the categories were hotly contested, with entries of outstanding quality reflecting the amount of change and innovation that is happening in the industry right now. We congratulate the winners on their achievement.”
Managing director of BroadGroup, Philip Low shares these sentiments.
“The Datacloud Awards now in their tenth year, have become one of the most important international events in the industry’s calendar,” says Low.
“The awards have changed significantly over the years and today they reflect the continuing evolution of the IT industry and the global services in this sector. I am also delighted that Ms Katherine Ryan agreed to host the awards and entertain our esteemed guests, making it the most memorable event we have ever held.”
The entries were judged across a range of award categories, with the winners including:
- Data Centre Cutting Edge Breakthrough - Nautilus Data Technologies
- Excellence in Connectivity for Data Centres Award - Global Cloud Xchange
- Best Energy Solution Award – EvoSwitch
- Best Use of Cloud in Major Enterprise Award - Equinix Europe
- Young Technical Leader of the Year Award - Tim Holm, CBRE Data Centre Solutions
- African Data Centre Location Award - Grand Bassam City, Ivory Coast presented by Orange
- Data Centre Location Award - Marseille Data Centre Campus, presented by Interxion France
- Excellence in Cloud Service Award - Global Cloud Xchange
- Data Centre Above And Beyond Award – DigiPlex
- Excellence in Data Centre Service Award - VIRTUS Data Centres
- Cloud Leadership Award - Xavier Poisson Gouyou Beauchamps, VP, WW Indirect Digital Services HPE
- Data Centre Leadership Award - Charles-Antoine Beyney, Founder and CEO, Etix Everywhere
- Industry Energy Innovation Award – Munters
In addition, BroadGroup presented an Industry Achievement Award to William Stein, CEO, Digital Realty and the Data Center Thought Leadership Award to Christian Belady, GM Cloud Infrastructure, Microsoft.